The Hillsborough County Office of Parks and Recreation keeps up-to-date information on their website regarding community events, recreational sports, summer camps, and childrens’ after school PE or stay-active programs in your area.
Please visit their website at hcflgov.net/parks for more information about any of the below listed programs or to find information about any of their other programs (i.e: Homeschool PE, Adult Flag Football, etc.)
Additionally, you can purchase a Wellness Access Pass to access any of the Hillsborough County Parks and Recreation facilities and open gym programs for just $10.75/month. Please visit this website to purchase your pass: https://www.hillsboroughcounty.org/en/residents/recreation-and-culture/recreation/action-folder/wellness-access-pass
Take a solo trip into the tranquility of nature, or hike with friends and make it a healthy and fun group activity. Each trail is a unique way to explore outdoor Florida and earn your very own prize. The Hiking Spree will run from Saturday October 30, 2021 until Friday April 1, 2022.
How does it work?
Participants may hike on their own, with a group, or through one of our guided park staff hikes. Some sites have entrance and parking fees. Hikers may repeat any trail twice for credit, as long as the hikes occur on different dates.
- Register for the Hiking Spree for free – you must be registered to receive your prize at the end
- Download the 2022 Hiking Spree printable trail list and keep track of which trails you hike
- Complete a minimum of eight designated trails between Nov. 1, 2021 and March 31, 2022.
- When you’re done, complete the online hiking completion form
- Mail your printed confirmation email along with a self-addressed and stamped envelope to: Bell Creek Administrative Offices, Attn: Hiking Spree, 10940 McMullen Road, Riverview, FL 33569. Delivery of your prize(s) can take up to 45 days.
- In-person collection – Bring your confirmation email to the front desk staff at one of the following locations during center hours:
Go to hcflgov.net/hikingspree for more information and the list of trails to explore.